Due out spring 2015, the mobile game is being developed by Final Fantasy‘s numbered series staff, including Yoshinori Kitase as the producer, Kazushige Nojima leading scenario, and Toshiyuki Itahana handling character design. Although not a remake of the original Final Fantasy, it will have some sort of connection to it.
Thanks, Games Talk.
Update 9:54 a.m.: An interview with Kitase and Final Fantasy series creator Hironobu Sakaguchi published in Famitsu shares additional details, via Sokuho@Hokanko:
- Map movement is automated, but the system is traditional Final Fantasy.
- Its quality will rival that of a numbered installment.
- There will be abilities and jobs.
- For a smartphone game, an exceptional number of people within Square Enix are working on it.
- Though it’s a game for smartphones, Square Enix says it is not inferior to console games.
- The theme is “Warriors of Light.”
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/12/mevius-final-fantasy-announced-smartphones#zBFBJDg4DBEVQLyZ.99